Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Easy Way to Save Money

The biggest issue I have is "rewarding" myself for working so hard. Let me backtrack a bit. I work two jobs. The first job is in an office and the second is driving for Uber (which if you're interested in, get in touch we should chat). I'm up at 4 am because I carpool to the first job and we meet at 6 and I start work at 7. I usually don't get home until 5pm then it's off to drive for Uber. This doesn't cover my writing time and the various other projects I have going at any one time, but suffice it to say, I work pretty hard. I don't mind....much, but I'm awfully tired so there are little things that I do to reward myself for being such a hard worker, that end up actually sabotaging me when it comes to saving money.

MyUS.com! FAST Shipping for Global Shoppers.">

Chief among these "rewards" is take out food. It's just $6-10 max, so what's the big deal right? I mean there is nothing worse than having to come home, tired and hungry and have to cook dinner. That's what goes through my mind. I think, "You know, I work damn hard and I should at least be able to afford a couple of tacos." In theory, this is sound, but in practice not-so-much. That once a week (which never ends up being once a week) expenditure adds up quickly. My weight adds up even quicker. I have a rationalization for that too, of course. I say it's okay because I'm walking the two miles to the Chinese take-out. Right.

I just did some dollar-cost averaging and discovered that my broiled chicken breast with green beans and spinach costs about $3.00. $3 compared to $10. And actually that's one of the more expensive dinners I make. Well, it seems as though there may be something to this saving money thing.

refurb.io">

I also discovered that if I wait to eat, I'm a lot less hungry than I thought. I discovered this when I was running particularly late one evening. I was so ravenous at about 5:30-6:00 pm but I had no time to deal with it because I was running late and had to walk my beloved dogs. Once I took the walk, by the time I got home, I was fine, not really hungry at all. So I wonder, is this dinner thing overrated? I do love dinner, but really do we really need dinner? It's more the pleasure meal, isn't it? I mean if meals are supposed to be ways to supply you with energy to get your daily tasks done. What tasks do you need energy for after dinner? Watching TV? Going to bed? I don't want to do away with dinner but it really gave me something to think about.

So armed with this, I'm really looking at my habits. I still want my taco dinner from Carnitas. I mean you want to talk about good tacos, they are out of this world. But when I think about the $10 it costs me, I have to think a bit more about just how much I want them. Yeah, I want them pretty bad. Still, perhaps I can think like an adult and make the right choice and save a bit of money and calories. LinkShare UK Referral Program">

No comments:

Post a Comment